Thursday, January 21, 2010

2010 New Years dietary resolutions

Okay, okay so I've been lazy in updating this blog. One of my New Year resolutions for 2010 is to ensure that I spend more time working on this blog and imparting my knowledge in terms of dietary health and nutrition. I have been a nutritionist for over 20 years and my experience has taught me that traditional dieting mechanisms and fads such as the Atkins work for a short time unless the person is consistent with their eating habits real result in weight loss cannot be achieved.

This year I undertake to do the following for myself:

1. For one month in a year I will go on a strict no sugar diet. I have it on good authority that such diets restrict sugar intake dramatically improves pancreas performance and health.

2. For one month in the year I will give up eating all red meat.

3. And finally to be consistent throughout the year, I intend to eat -- and here is the big one -- no junk food at all. That means no KFC, No Macdonald's, no Burger King, no Pizza Hut, etc I think you get the drift.

4. Last but not least I intend to make sure I laugh a lot more this year. That means at least one comedy show that is live every month and signing up to cartoon websitea and joke websites such as Wonkie Cartoons! Laughter is truly the best medicine -- for your health and for weight loss too!

So have you made your resolutions with respect to controlling your diet over the next year? If not 2010 is a good year to start to be more conscious about your health.

Over the course of this year I will continue to publish more of my opinions on the latest dietary trends that are wrong in the world. I will also endeavour to explain the meanings of terms like a low GI diet etc. I wish you all the best over 2010 and made a New Year be a blessed one for you!

Laura

No comments: